Who We Are
Municipal District Services, LLC was established in October 2007 to provide a professional approach to water and wastewater management for utility districts with an emphasis on the District’s needs above all else. MDS provides full-service management, operations, and maintenance of water and wastewater infrastructure of utility districts in the Houston area. Our approach to utilizing highly professional operations and maintenance procedures results in full compliance of water and wastewater systems through cost-effective means.
First and foremost, all of us at MDS are committed to provide the safest water and most effective wastewater disposal to ensure the health and welfare of District customers in the communities we serve. Secondly, we believe in partnering with our clients and in building relationships with them and their consultants to achieve and improve their technical, management, and financial potential; ensure regulatory compliance; and strive for exceptional customer service. We feel that open communications with clients is vital to our success. Last, but not least, we value our staff and their families and will model and reinforce our core values of honesty, family, reliability, respect, and trust to obtain and retain the finest staff in the industry.
Our primary responsibility is to ensure our districts have clean drinking water supplied to every home and building and that everything disposed of down a drain is treated and expelled according to state regulation. But, more specifically:
- Ground and surface water plant operations, repairs, and maintenance
- Wastewater treatment plant operations and maintenance
- Water distribution, wastewater collection, and storm sewer collection systems operations, repairs, and maintenance
- Lift station and storm water pumping station operations, repairs, and maintenance
- Meter reading, utility billing and collections, and customer care support
- Multiple utility bill payment options for District customers, including an online payment portal
- Comprehensive management services including regulatory compliance, long-range planning, and management of capital improvement programs
- Operations and maintenance of detention/retention ponds, amenity lakes, parks, jogging trails, and streets
- Builder services including, water taps, residential and commercial meter installation, inspection services, and service applications
- Preventative maintenance and inspection services for sanitary and storm sewer manholes, fire hydrants, water valves, and commercial meters
- Complete utility system evaluation and troubleshooting